Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer covers the wide range of topics a DPO might expect to take responsibility for. It is suitable for anyone new to the role, or looking to better understand the requirements surrounding their position. As well as covering GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, the course will take an in depth look at the expectations placed on a DPO and how to react in case of a data breach.
These two introductory courses are delivered by Data Protection experts, both directors at BLS Ltd.
Sandra Lomax is an ex-Assistant Director for Information Assurance at a large City Council and experienced multi agency and Adult Social Care Caldicott Guardian (CG). Sandra has extensive experience of compliance with the Information Governance (IG) Toolkit and information issues relating to the Education Sector.
Gary Baker is a retired police superintendent, an accredited Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) and senior decision-maker in high profile police disclosures. An experienced member of, and contributor to Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) and Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA).
We run very dynamic courses, responding to attendees needs and learning requirements on the day, but delegates can expect to learn, discuss and through scenario based sessions understand the following:
- The role of the Data Protection Officer
- Other key roles and responsibilities
- Law and Ethics
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The Rights of Individuals – including Subject Access Requests, redaction and freedom of information requests
- What to do in a data breach
- Data protection in contracts and procurement
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- Lunch and refreshments
- Full course materials
- CPD Certificate