Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) Training
One day CPD accredited course.
Ideally a Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) should be an Executive Director or other senior member of the Board (or equivalent), e.g. senior management committee. SIROs should be familiar with information risks, including those identified in the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT) and the organisation’s response to risk to ensure they can provide the necessary input and support to the Board and to the CEO/Accounting Officer.
It is also suitable for those who act in a supporting role to their SIRO.
The day includes the following content:
- Recommended Information Governance Roles & Responsibilities
- Relationship and responsibilities between SIRO, CG & DPO
- Information and Corporate Governance models and suggested reporting channels to the SIRO
- SIRO challenges
- Information Sharing and professional responsibilities to partner organisations.
- GDPR Principles of processing personal information
- Threats and Risks to your organisational data
- Effective management of personal data assets
- The legal Landscape for SIRO
- Privacy by Design and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Data Protection and Security Toolkit
- The value of Information Asset Registers to your organisation
- Information Governance Risk and Compliance standards
We also present appropriate recent and pertinent case studies for attendees to discuss and learn from.
Really positive and engaging course (June 2019)
Good informative day, well delivered (March 2019)
Great information gathering ‘time out’ to get thoughts to take back to the organisation (March 2019)
Whilst a Director of BLS Ltd, Sandra is also the Vice Chair for the UK Caldicott Guardian Council (UKCGC).
Prior to Stay Compliant, Sandra was the Assistant Director of Information Assurance at a large city council with a role of Caldicott Guardian for Adult Social Services.
Gary is a retired Police Superintendent with 30 years experience in a large police force.
He is an accredited police Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) and has been the senior decision-maker in high profile police enquiries involving police information-rights and disclosure.
Key Learning Objectives for this course are:
- Understand your role as a SIRO
- Assess your own organisations compliance with the DPA and Caldicott principles
- Incident and breach management reporting at board level
- Enhance your confidence in making appropriate SIRO decisions
- Be aware of confidentiality and ethical considerations
- Learn from case studies of breaches by NHS and Social Care organisations
The Course Includes
- Lunch and refreshments
- Full course material
- CPD Certificate
Upcoming SIRO Courses
|Start Date||Course & Details||Location||Price||Status|
|9 January, 2020||Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|
|4 February, 2020||Friends House, 173 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BJ||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|
|19 March, 2020||Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|