Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) Training
Our one day CPD accredited SIRO training course is suitable for newly appointed or experienced SIROs, including those who are required to support SIROs and Caldicott Guardians. It meets the annual training requirements as specified in the Information Governance Toolkit (IG Toolkit) for annual SIRO training.
A SIRO should be an Executive or Senior Manager on the Board who is familiar with information risks and the organisation’s response to risk. The SIRO role is to lead and champion the organisation’s information risk policy, and provide written advice and assurance to the board regarding information risk.
It is a practical, interactive course with detailed handouts. We cover a range of topics including:
- Sharing information safely and lawfully
- Interaction between the SIRO, Caldicott Guardians and Information Asset Owners (IAOs)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) update
- Case studies
- Mini Healthcheck to test your organisation’s compliance in key areas
Whilst a Director of BLS Ltd, Sandra is also the Vice Chair for the UK Caldicott Guardian Council (UKCGC).
Prior to Stay Compliant, Sandra was the Assistant Director of Information Assurance at a large city council with a role of Caldicott Guardian for Adult Social Services.
Gary is a retired Police Superintendent with 30 years experience in a large police force.
He is an accredited police Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) and has been the senior decision-maker in high profile police enquiries involving police information-rights and disclosure.
Key Learning Objectives for this course are:
- Understand your role as a SIRO
- Assess your own organisations compliance with the DPA and Caldicott principles
- Incident and breach management reporting at board level
- Enhance your confidence in making appropriate SIRO decisions
- Be aware of confidentiality and ethical considerations
- Learn from case studies of breaches by NHS and Social Care organisations
The Course Includes
- Lunch and refreshments
- Full course material
- CPD Certificate
Upcoming SIRO Courses
|Start Date||Course & Details||Location||Price||Status|
|5 March, 2019||Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|
|12 March, 2019||Friends House, 173 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BJ||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|
|4 April, 2019||Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|
|26 April, 2019||Friends House, 173 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BJ||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|
|2 May, 2019||Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|
|21 May, 2019||Friends House, 173 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BJ||£375.00 exc. VAT||Places Available|