Subject Access Requests
– A Practical Guide
Any organisation holding information about a living individual must have appropriate arrangements in place to respond to request from individuals to gain access to their data within a set timeframe, currently 40 calendar days. However, there are exemptions which can be applied in order to withhold information. This is a complex area made easy by our experts.
This 4 hour course provides delegates with the information they need to establish an effective SAR handling process in their organisation and considers common scenarios that arise. Delegates consider a number of practical case studies, including email requests and their final redacted response.
The course is delivered by Information Rights expert, Gary Baker, who is a retired police superintendent, an accredited Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) and senior decision-maker in high profile police disclosures and third party access requests. An experienced member of, and contributor to Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) and Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA)
Key Learning Objectives for this course are:
- To raise awareness of the data protection act and the functions of the regulator
- To understand the rights of individuals and how these relate to your organisation
- Redaction and dealing with third part information
- To consider the benefits of getting it right, and of increasing awareness throughout your organisation
- Improved compliance with the law: actions your organisation could take
- To promote questions and discussions
The Course Also Includes
- Full course materials
- Certificate of Attendance
Upcoming Subject Access Requests Courses
No upcoming courses – please get in touch with us for bespoke or in-house training options.